Wednesday, November 2, 2011

IED has Started Out with a Bang

That's right, the Impromptu European Departure is in full swing. After a very brief stay in Dubai (thanks to my flight being delayed for several hours) I got into London at around 9 PM local time. But since that is something like 1AM in the Middle East and I'd been up since 5 AM I was quite tired and decided to just get to my hotel and call it a night. The last 2 nights I've had my own room and bathroom...and it's amazing. I'll never take this for granted again...at least until I've been home for a week and get re-spoiled. It's now 7:40 here in the UK and I'm about to try to navigate the London Underground to Kings Cross station where I should be able to get a train ride to Edinburgh, Scotland. It's a 4 hour ride so it should be cool to see the UK countryside for most of the day. Right now the impromptu plan is to get there, spend today, tonight, and tomorrow there, then catch an overnight train to Paris and just sleep on the way. That should put me in Paris in time to visit the Louvre for a full day (looks like it's open until almost 10 PM on Fridays) and maybe do something else the next day before heading back to the UK for some London sight seeing before heading back home. Should be a fun trip. So wish me luck: it's all golf, whiskey (or is it whisky?), kilts, and bagpipes for the next few days (hey, if they're allowed to think we all ride horses then I can think they all wear kilts, it's only fair).

No comments:

Post a Comment