Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The 3rd world...ain't so bad...

We took a cab to a mall tonight so I stopped at an ATM and took out the lowest amount of cash which was KD50. Turns out the exchange rate is insane and it's almost $200...and that was the lowest amount I could do. They had a big kids area in the mall, I attached pics. The mall was huge (as you can see from the map attached) and extremely overpriced. There was a Wrangler and Lee jean store in this mall. Not a pair of jeans under ~$70 US in site. Everywhere else was just as bad. A Kuwait:US::US:Mexico apparently. Oh yeah, I got to experience my first burqa store...they had some high dollar burqas in there. Who knew being humble could be so fashionable? I also saw a man wearing the equivalent of a tuxedo T-shirt except the design was like the front of a nice robe instead of a tie and jacket. Pretty friggin sweet to see that everything American including white trash has infiltrated the middle east. I've had so many inoculations this year but I don't think I got my white trash one. I guess they figure if I haven't gotten it from living in TX for 28 years then I'm probably immune. Oh yeah, I almost forgot: We rode there in a pretty bad thunder/rain storm and our cab driver ran a light and almost killed us. I'm already almost dieing and I'm not even in the war zone.



No comments:

Post a Comment