Friday, May 27, 2011

Come on down to the picture show

I was bored (again) so I decided to get some pics of my living area. I may try to get some of the base later. On a side note, tonight's dinner was steak and lobster...I was fairly shocked by that. The only thing that would have made it better is if I actually liked steak and lobster :) Anyway, on with the pictures:

First and foremost we have this guy...the bearded wonder of the middle east:

Then you have the wonderous living quarters we get. Pics are in order from outside the tent, right by the door, and then finally my bunk:




At the back of this pic there is a fence (I know it's hard to see, but it's there). Just over that fence is the Pakistan border:

This is the main road I have to take to get to everything (DFAC, MWR, etc):
And finally, these are my "mountains". I call the left one Bitey:
On a side note, yesterday it was so dusty out that those mountains couldn't be seen at all. That was pretty crappy I gotta say.


2 comments:

  1. Do you worry about theft of stuff? Can you lock your door? Are you the only one in your tent?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The locker thing does have a lock but the back panel is coming off so it doesn't really do much good. The tent has a combo lock on the outside and I work with everyone in my tent so I think it's pretty safe.

    ReplyDelete